TFM is looking for funny, talented, creative writers to join our freelance writing team and help us take over the internet, or at least the internet in the 18-26 demo with a penchant for lowbrow humor. You guys and the content you submit have always been the lifeblood of this website, and now I’m asking for more, in the form of columns and news pieces.
If you can impress me with your writing ability, you will receive an offer to join our freelance team and write for us regularly.
Why this is a great opportunity for you:
1. The Grandex network attracts millions of monthly visitors. If you want to get your work out there and read by a massive audience, this is your chance.
2. It’s fun. Writing is fun, especially when given the freedom to write about any topic of your choosing.
3. If you’re an aspiring journalist, blogger, or writer of any sort, it’s a great way to get your foot in the industry door.
4. “Contributing Writer for Grandex, Inc” can be a great résumé addition, considering our vast audience.
Here’s how the process works (read carefully):
We recently updated the site and added a content submission page. You will use this to submit your application and writing sample. Instructions are below.
1. Write an original column with a word count of 500-700 words. If it’s a single word under 500, we aren’t going to bother reading it. Your column should be funny, relatable, on-brand, and, most importantly, your own work. This is your chance to show us how funny and creative you are. If you don’t think it stands out from the pack and blows us away, re-work it until it does.
2. Create an account on the site if you don’t already have one.
3. Go to the submission page, click “Submit Application” in the box, then fill out the submission form.
4. Attach your writing sample.
If your column is deemed publish-worthy, you will be contacted by our staff to discuss your future as a potential writer for TFM.
Image via Shutterstock