NEW TFM Videos Section

Watch thousands of hilarious videos from college campuses across the country.

Watch Now

Hey Tennessee, Maybe Stop Trying To Barbecue Indoors If You Don’t Want To Start Apartment Fires

======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====


One of the worst ways to begin a sentence is, “So I was attempting to cook some brisket in my bathtub when…” That being said, you can’t help but be intrigued when you hear that something like that actually happened.

From Local 8:

According to Knoxville firefighters, a woman melted her tub after she tried to barbecue a brisket in it. Investigators said water from the tub poured on the neighbors below.

According to Knoxville Fire Department Captian DJ Corcoran, the fire happened at an apartment on 4834 Scheel Road.

Corcoran said when firefighters got there, they found a middle aged woman fanning light smoke from her apartment. She told fire crews there was a fire in the bathroom.

Corcoran said the woman tried to cook a brisket in her fiberglass bathtub. She had an open flame in the bottom of the tub with a wire rack resting on the upper edges. The meat was resting on top of the wire rack.

That reminds me of the scene in Breaking Bad where Walt and Jesse dissolve a body in a tub of acid, only to have it burst through the ceiling and make a mess. And, just like in that scene, you have to suspect that meth could have been involved here. I love a good brisket, but these are not lengths I’d ever go to for any of that tasty meat. Even the biggest barbecue snobs would probably agree that getting brisket from a shitty local food truck would be a better option than cooking it in your bathtub.

Apparently, this isn’t even the first time something like this has happened in the area.

Firefighters said this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Before this, someone on the fourth floor tried to use a charcoal grill in the living room to cook.

Wait, so the fourth floor of the same building? You’ve got to be kidding me. I know the South loves their barbecue, but this is ridiculous. Next thing you know, people will be cooking beef stroganoff in the dryer and making rice pudding in the kitchen sink. Have you people any decency?

[via Local 8]

Image via Shutterstock

Email this to a friend

WJ Cope

He's the real reason people say "No one likes you when you're 23."

10 Comments You must log in to comment, or create an account
Show Comments

Download Our App

Take TFM with you. Get

The Feed