======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
If you were watching the South Carolina versus Vanderbilt pillow fight in Nashville last night, your program was briefly, but oh so beautifully, interrupted by the greatest single football play in history. When I saw it, I immediately jumped out of my seat, let out a breathless, girly yelp, flipped the coffee table, kicked my dog, took my pants off, and Gronked my Lone Star on the floor. The game was Kent State versus Towson, and it’s now an all-timer.
There are so many beautiful layers to this play. It’s going to be hard to pick my favorite part, but it will come from one of these:
– obviously, the guy on the punt team picks up the muffed punt and runs 58 yards the wrong way
– he throws a great stiff arm, but why is that guy even trying to tackle him?
– at least one of his teammates blocks for him while running the wrong way
– he then gets tackled, but WHY? he was taking it to the wrong endzone!
– after he’s tackled, he gets up and talks shit in the dipshit tackler’s face
– it’s not until he’s on his way back to his sideline that he realizes what he’s done
– the play was called back because the rule states that the ball cannot be advanced after a recovered muffed punt, BUT HE DIDN’T ADVANCE IT, he returned it for -58 yards
Here’s the video: