NEW TFM Videos Section

Watch thousands of hilarious videos from college campuses across the country.

Watch Now

UK’s New Basketball Arena Is Going To Be Absolutely Insane

======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 10.58.26 AM

Kentucky basketball is not your run-of-the-mill college basketball program. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. It’s more like a religion, and just like any religion, it needs a cathedral for followers to properly worship.

The school recently released this video that shows renovation plans for the aging, decrepit Rupp Arena. As expected, the final product is unreal.

Watch the amazing video of the renderings:

Glass walls. Expanded lobbies. An NBA-sized jumbotron. And…is that a moat? The entire renovation will cost an astounding $310 million. Combine that with the state’s education budget and that is $311 million those poor Kentucky residents will never see again. Kentucky just raised the basketball bar to a standard that, until now, was never before imagined.

This sucks for everybody who is not a Kentucky fan for a variety of reasons, but mainly because we don’t believe that Kentucky needs any more recruiting advantages. The school already locks up around 80 percent of the nation’s best five-star recruits, so this just means it’s going to take the other 20 percent. Whatever. At least they will suck at football forever.

[via USA Today]

Email this to a friend


writer. lover. bird watcher.

33 Comments You must log in to comment, or create an account
Show Comments

Download Our App

Take TFM with you. Get

The Feed