======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
TFM is looking for funny, talented, creative writers to join our freelance writing team and take our sports coverage to the next level. Our readers have been, and always will be, the lifeblood of this site’s success and voice, and we’d like to give you a chance to amplify your own unique voices even more.
More specifically, we want writers to cover topical and current events in the sports world, occurring on and off the court/field/rink. All sports included.
If you can blow our minds with your writing ability, you will receive an offer to write for us on a regular basis and get paid U.S. currency.
Why this is a great opportunity for you:
1. The Grandex network attracts millions of monthly visitors. If you’d like to have your work read by many, many people, this is your chance.
2. It’s a very fun way to earn drinking money.
3. If you’re an aspiring journalist, blogger, or writer of any sort, it’s a great way to get your foot in the industry door and get some experience under your belt. Alex Buscemi, aka “Boosh,” got his start with us via this process and is now a full-timer at our Austin office. Full bennies, too.
4. “Contributing Writer for Grandex, Inc.” can be a great résumé addition, considering our vast audience. We’ll be happy to provide you with any statistics relating to your published work to include on your résumé.
Here’s how the process works (read carefully):
1. Write an original news piece on something currently happening in the sports world. Your word count should fall between 200 and 400. Your news piece should be funny, on-brand, have an original take, and it should be your own work. This is your chance to show us how funny and creative you are. Seize the opportunity. If you don’t think it stands out from the pack and blows us away, re-work it until it does. Tip: Don’t try to emulate a current TFM writer’s style or specific piece. Be your own person.
2. Create an account on the site.
3. While logged in, submit your piece to the site by clicking “Submit” on the top menu bar, then “Column” on the left menu bar. Paste your news story in the text field and submit your work.
4. Include your email address in the title, in parentheses, so we can contact you.
If your news piece is deemed publish-worthy, you will be contacted by our staff to discuss your future as a potential writer for TFM.
We are also looking for writers to cover Music, Health and Fitness, and Pop Culture. If you’re interested in covering one of these categories, follow the above instructions and submit a piece for the one you’re best suited for..