University of Tennessee fans like to argue that they are the one real UT, and that the University of Texas should not hold that honor. That argument is now on the backburner, though, because now we have an even hotter college football debate flaring between the two programs.
Earlier this morning, FOX Sports Radio Knoxville tweeted out the following…
Such an enthralling question! This one is really tough to break down. The argument could go either way. Oh wait. No it can’t. Vince blows Dobbs out of the water. Let’s look at the tape.
Vince Young posted one of the greatest stat lines for college quarterbacks of all-time. You can’t argue against that. As a Junior, Reggie Bush beat him out of the Heisman even though VY had a better season, IMO. Here are some of VY’s greatest accomplishments:
• Rushed for 998 yards as a freshman, even though he didn’t become the starter until seven games into the season.
• As a sophomore, Young rushed for over 1,000 yards, had 14 touchdowns, and threw for another 1,800.
• Led Texas to a Rose Bowl Victory over Michigan.
• As a junior, Young threw for 3,000+ and added another 1000 on the ground.
• Led Texas to a National Championship over USC.
• Holds BCS Title game record for most total yards in a game (437).
• He is the only player in NCAA history to pass for over 230 yards and rush for over 250 yards in a single game.
Plus, he did this:
Let’s look at what Joshua Dobbs has done now.
• Led Tennessee to an Outback Bowl win.
• Won the TaxSlayer Bowl.
• Almost threw for 2,300 yards and rushed for almost 700 yards as a junior.
Give me whatever drugs FOX Sports Radio Knoxville is on for even thinking this was a question that needed to asked. I’d take a 50% healthy Vince Young at Texas over a 100% healthy Dobbs 100 times out of a hundred..
Image via YouTube