This one hurts to think about. Kenneth Barbero, an Albany, NY man was just vaping away when his rig blew up in his face, causing a lot of damage including a hole in his tongue. It also knocked out a few teeth and left burns on both of his hands.
“[It was] like an M80 bomb went off in my mouth,” Barbero told CNN affiliate WTEN through understandably muffled speech.
If nothing else, reading this should make you thank your lucky stars that you didn’t have a hole burned into your tongue today. How awful it would be to just be sucking away at some sweet vape nectar before suddenly taking a small explosion right in the kisser. Say what you will about cigarettes, but at least they aren’t known to do that.
When people hear about something like this, it might be easy for them to forget that vape is life. This kind of thing almost never happens, so I’d say it’s nothing to be alarmed about. Hell, I don’t care if one out of every ten vapes exploded into a ball of fire. I’d be vaping until I died. Let’s be real, fams. This story is probably just the conservative media trying to convince us that vaping is not the coolest thing ever. But I know it is. If you ever plan on going to a vaping competition, check out some of the new flavors I’ve proposed that will score you some mad tail.
Note: Click on the news link if you dare. They have a picture of the guy’s tongue, it’s pretty gnarly.
Image via YouTube