University of California’s Ryan Mason knows how important accuracy is for the success of a pitcher. In a warmup session, or possibly practice, Mason tossed a baseball into a moving cylinder like it was nothing.
— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) May 7, 2016
Doubters be silenced: Here's Ryan Mason's trick shot in frame-by-frame slow motion! pic.twitter.com/U6bK1KUCyf
— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) May 9, 2016
Nothing but tube. Just an absolutely mesmerizing trick. That is a hard thing to do. Take it from me, a former pitcher who could hit his spots about 80 percent of the time, and the batter the other 20 percent.
Mason has translated that accuracy on the mound, too. This season he’s posted a respectable 6-2 record with a 2.69 ERA while striking out 47 batters compared to only 18 walks in 11 starts. That’s not too shabby..