======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
Week 6 and the dominoes are starting to fall for the college football playoff. Thanks for participating, Oklahoma and Michigan. Better luck next year. Baker, we look forward to seeing you in New York again for another top 5 Heisman finish. Everyone else, buckle up. I have a hunch that the chaos is just beginning.
5 major takeaways from the weekend
– If Notre Dame runs the table (huge if), you kind of have to put them in the playoff, right?
– TCU’s defense giving up 6.3 yards per play to FBS teams is going to be problematic, down the line.
– Every touchdown UCF scores is extremely bittersweet.
Losing this man at the end of the year is going to break me pic.twitter.com/I0QfuFl3bH
— Dan Regester (@Dan_Regester) October 8, 2017
Scott Frost is the summer fling you wish you had more time with that haunts your dreams with “what if” regrets.
– That never-in-doubt win over A&M was just what Nick Saban needed to rip his team a new asshole.
– November 4th. Raleigh, NC. Game of the year. Book it.
Frivilous Heisman Power 5
1. Saquon Barkley
2. Bryce Love
3. Rashaad Penny
4. Baker Mayfield
5. Luke Falk
Fuck it. Give it to this man:
This week in existential crisis
The highlight reel plays you’ve already seen a few dozen times
Game of the week
Most lit crowd of the weekend
The U is back.
Nut flex of the year nominee
Call of the week
Social media MVP of the week
Feel good story of the season