======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====
You know how a lot of people spew bullshit all over this site about how they have millions waiting for them by way of trust funds, they fly around in private jets, and they have cush, six-figure jobs with corner offices waiting on them the day they graduate? I’d venture to guess that 98% of these people are full of shit.
It’s no secret, however, that many fraternity alumni go on to enjoy very successful careers after their college days are behind them — they just aren’t blabbing about it to impress their anonymous internet friends.
Wall Street, for example, is littered with fraternity alums. This list compiled by Business Insider shows notable fraternity alumni that made their fortunes on the Street:
1. Zeta Beta Tau – SAC Capital’s Steve Cohen (UPenn), former chairman of Bear Stearns Alan “Ace” Greenberg, Cantor Fitzgerald vice chairman Stuart Fraser (University of Missouri)
2. Phi Kappa Psi – Michael Bloomberg (Founder of Bloomberg LP), Bill Gross (Founder of Pimco), Orra Monnette (Founder of Bank of America)
3. Alpha Tau Omega – Lehman Brothers ex-CEO Dick Fuld (University of Colorado at Boulder)
4. Delta Upsilon – Former Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain (MIT)
5. Delta Chi – Baupost Group’s Seth Klarman (Cornell)
6. Sigma Phi Epsilon – Former Merrill Lynch CEO William Allen Schreyer (Penn State)
7. Lambda Chi Alpha – former NYSE chair and former CEO of Citibank John S. Reed (Washington and Jefferson College and MIT)
8. Phi Delta Theta – Former Barclays CEO Bob Diamond (Colby College) and former BofA chairman Chauncey J. Medberry III.
9. Kappa Sigma – Legendary dealmaker Richard Rainwater (University of Texas at Austin) and former NYSE president William R. Johnston
10. Sigma Nu – Charles R. Schwab
11. Beta Theta Pi = Former Bank of America CEO Hugh L. McColl Jr. (UNC-Chapel Hill)
12. St. Anthony Hall (ΔΨ) – George Herbert Walker IV, CEO of Neuberger Berman (UPenn)
13. Delta Kappa Epsilon – J. Pierpont Morgan, Jr. (Harvard), Chase Manhattan Bank’s Irving H. Chase (Yale) Robert Lehman (Yale), Teddy Forstmann (Yale)
14. Zeta Psi – Tiger Management’s Julian Robertson (University of North Carolina) and former JPMorgan CEO/chairman William B. Harrison, Jr. (University of North Carolina)
15. Sigma Alpha Epsilon – Paul Tudor Jones II (University of Virginia), Maverick Capital’s Lee Ainslie III (UVA) T. Boone Pickens (Oklahoma State University) and Greenlight Capital’s David Einhorn (Cornell) Greenlight’s CIO Daniel Roitman (Cornell)
16. Alpha Sigma Phi – Warren Buffett (UPenn)
17. The Sigma Phi Society – Berkshire Hathaway’s Charlie Munger (University of Michigan)
18. Psi Upsilon – Lone Pine’s Stephen Mandel (Dartmouth)
19. Phi Gamma Delta – Trian Fund Management’s Nelson Peltz (UPenn 1965)
Looking good, SAE.
[via Business Insider]