18-Year-Old Nearly Dies After Drinking 10 Jägerbombs, Suffers 3 Heart Attacks

======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ==== ======= ======= ====== ====== ====== ===== ==== ====== ====== ===== ====

A scary story here from across the pond says more than you need to know about the “myth” surrounding the dangers associated with mass consumption of energy drinks and liquor. Anyone who tries to tell you it’s “just fine” to throw back a ton of vodka Red Bulls or Jägerbombs in a single sitting is an idiot. Truth be told, the mixture is an absolutely horrible thing for the human body to endure. Bacon tells me the concoction’s effects are somewhere on a level between being “moderately” and “extremely” addicted to meth.

From the Daily Mirror:

A teenager suffered three heart attacks and ‘died’ on her bathroom floor after downing TEN Jägerbomb drinks on a night out.

Student Jayde Dinsdale, 18, downed the drinks – normally made of Jagermeister spirit and energy drinks – while on a night out with pals.

But after the alcohol wore off the caffeine in her system took control of her heart rate – causing it to accelerate dangerously out of control.

Jayde – who had another heart attack in the following hours – was put into an induced coma and spent three weeks in hospital before medics fitted an internal defibrillator.

She had not one, not two, but three heart attacks, and needed a necessary medically induced coma to keep her alive. Just let that sink in for a second. Is throwing back that extra vodka Red Bull really worth it? Doesn’t really sound like it.

And Dinsdale’s night out, which spurned the tragic twist of events, happened on a night that seems all to common for college students and young adults across America.

Jayde, a tourism and travel student, arrived at the nightclub sober just before midnight on January 31, having just finished work as a party rep.

She thinks she had around ten drinks – each containing half a can of an energy drink like Red Bull or Monster – before heading home at 2am.

Eight hours later, Jayde was washing her face while talking to mum Natalie, 38, when she suddenly started shaking and collapsed.

Housewife Natalie said: “She was her normal bubbly self and was telling me about the night while in the bathroom.

“Then all of a sudden her chest jolted and she fell to the floor and hit her head on the bath and radiator.

“I put her in the recovery position and stabilised her, but she started having another fit. I screamed for my husband.

“Her pulse was very faint and she started to go purple. She was dead on the bathroom floor – it’s a miracle that Jayde is still with us.”

This girl is only alive because her father and sister were around when trauma struck and, thankfully, her dad is trained in CPR. Even after she was rushed to the hospital and induced into a coma following her second cardiac arrest, she suffered yet another massive heart attack. It’s literally a medical miracle of an anomaly that Dinsdale is still alive.

Following the incident and a slow recovery, Dinsdale was fitted with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) that she will carry in her chest for the rest of her life. It’s there to shock her heart if it stops again. The typical patient requiring such a device is much, much older than 18. It’s hard to think how her life so irreparably changed after that night.

Now her family are pleading with others to avoid high-caffeine energy drinks which ‘came close to taking her life’.

College student Jayde, who can’t remember anything of the night or following day, said: “The doctors have said it was all to do with the energy drinks.

“Alcohol slows your heart rate but the energy drinks speed it up.

“That’s why I was able to come home and sleep OK, but when the alcohol totally left my system at 10am, my heart stopped.

Maybe I went a little scare tactic with this one, but I hope it makes some of you knuckleheads think twice when you plan on throwing the sickest party the campus has ever seen. Or even when you just get into a little drinking contest with you friends.

Be responsible. It may not seem like it right now, but all of your actions have consequences that you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life. It’s easier to be smart and educated than it is to be dumb and ignorant.

[via Daily Mirror]

Image via The Tab

Email this to a friend

Ashley Schaeffer BMW

Ashley Schaeffer was a senior contributing writer for Total Frat Move. If you thought he was a woman, he'll take that as a compliment, because he loves women. Wooh.

31 Comments You must log in to comment, or create an account
Show Comments

Latest podcasts

Download Our App

Take TFM with you. Get

The Feed